Bastrop County ESD #2 is accepting applications for one (1) full-time firefighter positions. The positions will be a 2-2-3 12 hr shift 0600-1800 hrs to help supplement the volunteer firefighters. The district is currently operating out of 3 stations covering 180 sq. miles. The department also runs high priority first responder calls as staffing allows.
Applicants must submit a complete application & resume and all required documents by email or mail by September 08, 2017 by COB to be considered for the position.
Minimum employment requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Basic Structural Firefighter certification.
- Must be a certified Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) by the Department of Human Services.
- Must have a valid class C Texas driver’s license and obtain a class B within 60 days of hire.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must pass physical exam.
- Driver Operator Certification is preferred.
- Wildland experience and training preferred.
- Respond to emergency calls, drive fire apparatus, and provide appropriate services as required including rescue, first aid and fire suppression.
- Prepare reports regarding emergency incidents as required by department policy.
- Operate numerous types of rescue, emergency medical and fire suppression equipment as necessary.
- Perform firefighting operation’s, laying and connecting hoses, pumping apparatus, directing water stream’s, raising and climbing ladders; determine hydrant/drafting/hose operations at incident scene.
- Clean, re-equip, and re-stock vehicles after each call; clean areas of responsibility; perform inventories and vehicle checks on daily basis; participate in cleaning and maintaining station facilities, grounds, equipment and apparatus; ensure that appropriate conditions are maintained at assigned station; ensure that all equipment and apparatus is in constant state of readiness for emergency calls; inspect and perform minor repairs to apparatus and equipment;
- Study street and water source locations in assigned district;
- May perform inspections of sprinkler systems and other fire prevention devices; participate in a variety of fire prevention operations and activities.
- Participate in operations in response to natural disasters, fires, accidents, incidents involving hazardous materials, and other emergency situations;
- Maintain appropriate certifications through constant training;
All fulltime employees shall maintain a residence within a 30-minute driving distance of the district.
Starting salary: $36,036/year
- Texas Municipal League paid health insurance.
- Paid vision insurance.
- Paid dental insurance.
- Texas County and District Retirement System.
- Paid time off (PTO) 120 hrs/yr.
- Paid holidays. (8)
- Training benefits.
Send resume and copies of all certifications, driving record (type AR) to one of the following:
Attention Chief Gill, Bastrop County ESD #2, PO Box 1747 Bastrop Tx 78602